Set Up the 301 Redirects How to Set Up the 301 Redirects Ben Lloyd
301 redirects instruct search engines that a page has permanently moved to a new location. The redirects also route traffic from links stored as internet bookmarks.
To maintain your site traffic and search engine rankings, make sure to redirect all pages from your old site.
To set up 301 redirects:
In the search field, enter "site:" followed by your website URL. For example:
The query instructs Google to search for all pages on your website.
Google will list the approximate umber of pages on your current website and a pink to each page.
3. It is important to create a 301 redirect for each unique URL. We recommend copying and pasting each URL into a separate document or spreadsheet.
4. Make sure to capture all the URLs if your search results extend to multiple pages. You do need need to copy URLs that end in xml.
5. Return to the Odysys website.
6. From the Site Builder drop-down menu, select Settings.
7. Select 301 Redirects.
8. Paste a URL into the Old URL field.
9. From the drop-down menu, select the equivalent page on your new Odysys website.
10. Select the + icon to repeat steps 8 & 9 for every URL you are redirecting.
11. Select Save.Did this answer your question?