To enable foreign language translation of your website and booking engine:
- Select "Languages" from your account drop-down menu by clicking on your name at the top of the Odysys page.
2. Turn translation ON. Select your default language and the languages you'd like to offer translation to.
3. Publish your website for the translation to take effect on your public interface.
4. Now users can easily select a language from the bar at the top of the page.
Here's a handy walk-through video for you
And some tips & considerations
- Turning on translation will add another clickable "thing" to your website. We've made the design as unobtrusive as possible but keep this in mind. If you don't need it - you don't HAVE to turn it on
- Check your analytics to see where your visitors come from to help you choose languages. If there are very few or no foreign language speakers on average over a period of time you may not need it.
- At this time there is no SEO benefit to this feature. It is simply a usability feature for guests. We are just translating text on the page. There is no foreign language or localized version for foreign versions of Google or other search engines to use.
- You cannot edit the foreign language version. Only the english version, which is being automatically translated.
- We are using Google Translate to do the translation.