Odysys Booking engine customers can choose to accept online reservations immediately, or you can choose to review each reservation before confirming it or rejecting/cancelling it.
To enable this feature and put your booking engine in "reservation request" mode, do the following:
- Navigate to Reservations > Settings
- Select "Booking Configuration"
- Click on the "Booking Confirmation" dropdown.
TO CONFIRM A RESERVATION REQUEST
- Navigate to Reservations > Front Desk
- Find and open reservation details for the reservation request to be confirmed (requests have a yellow background in the occupancy tab availability calendar)
- In the topmost section of reservation details, click "Confirmed" to change the status from requested to confirmed (see screenshot below, "Confirmed" will have a grey background for reservation requests that are not yet confirmed).
- Save the reservation. An email confirmation is automatically sent to the guest when this change is saved.
Before a reservation request is confirmed, you can contact the guest, edit the reservation, etc. Once a reservation request is confirmed, it cannot be un-confirmed manually (except by a request to Odysys support), though it can be cancelled.
TO RESEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL
The request must be confirmed before a confirmation email can be resent
- Navigate to front desk
- Click over to the "bookings" tab
- Find the reservation
- Use the "resend confirmation email" action which is accessible by using the "Actions" menu on the "Reservations" tab of Front Desk.
Please note that when you "resend" the confirmation email - this no longer switches the reservation status from 'requested' to 'confirmed', it now only sends a confirmation email to the guest for reservations that have already been confirmed.
About Guest Emails and Reservation Requests
When the guest submits their reservation request - they receive an email from Odysys notifying them that their request has been submitted.
If the reservation is never approved/confirmed (see above) then the guest will not get any additional emails from Odysys including a confirmation email, pre-stay email, post-stay email or cancellation email. More information about guest emails.
Configure Your Request Notification Email
- Navigate to Odysys > Reservations > Guest Emails and click on the "Request" tab.
- In order for guests to receive their request notification email, your confirmation emails to guest must be toggled on. More information about configuring the confirmation email.