What to blog about?
I like this list: https://searchengineland.com/make-blog-local-destination-win-local-search-215354
We also have some great blogging resources:
- Innkeeper's guide to blogging: https://www.odysys.com/learn/guide-to-blogging/
- Select Blog from the Marketing icon in the top right navigation bar.
2. You will be brought to the Create Blog Post page.
3. Begin by entering a Title.
4. Select the Author from the drop-down menu. The author can be any of the users you've added to the site.
5. Select Upload Hero Image.
Note: It important to select the highest quality photos you have that are no larger than 3 MB. Selecting lower quality or small images will result in grainy or blurry images, particularly when they are viewed on a large screen.
The ideal image is at least 800px wide in landscape orientation (ie - the photo is wider than it is tall). 800x450 tends to work best.
6. Write and format your post using the text editor
7. Select a Category for the blog post from the drop-down menu.
To create a new Category, select Create New and type the new category name.
8. From the calendar, select the time and date when you want the blog post to publish.
- If you schedule the blog post at the current time or any time in the past, the blog post will publish immediately.
- The date on the live post will display as the date you entered.
- If you schedule the time in the future, the blog post will publish at that time.
- You can edit or delete or change the date on any blog post at any time. Click on "published posts" and find a previously published post to edit the date/time.
9. Click Schedule Post.
- Your post will be scheduled and appear in the "scheduled" tab
- If you did not adjust the publish time and date, the post will publish about 5 minutes from the time you click "Schedule Post."
10. Select OK.