Use the Specials tab (in Pricing) to offer discounted room prices or free nights for specific date ranges and/or lengths of stay.
For example, you may offer one free night for a stay of four or more nights in December; or you may offer a discounted room price for stays of three days.
To add a New One-Time Special:
- Open Reservations from Mission Control.
2. From the drop-down menu, select Pricing.
3. Select the Specials tab at the top of the page.
4. Select New One-Time Special.
5. Set up the Special:
Special Name - The name of the special as it will appear in Booking Engine (visible to you, not guests).
Start Date - The first date the special is in effect (first date of stay, not booking).
End Date - The final date the special is in effect (last date of stay, not booking).
Book by Date - The date by which a guest must book in order to receive the special. After this date, the special will not appear to guests using Booking Engine.
Calendar Display - The name of the special. This is a message that will be visible to guests in the booking engine calendar.
Min. Nights - The minimum number of nights a guest must book to qualify for the special.
# of Free Nights - The number of free nights a guest will receive as part of the special (may be left as zero).
Room Discounts - The special rate for each room during the special. You have three options for setting special rates.
- Special Room Rate: Set the nightly rate for your room(s). Leave a room's rate blank in order to use normal default pricing for that room
- Percentage Discount: Set the percent discount off of the room's nightly rate. Leave a room's percentage discount blank to use the normal default pricing for that room.
- Dollars Off Discount: Set the dollars off of the room's nightly rate to apply during the special. Do not use a negative number, the amount you put in will be the amount deducted from the nightly rate. Leave a room's percentage discount blank to use the normal default pricing for that room.
- Days This Override is Valid - Choose the days which you would like your override to apply to. Weekdays, Weekends, or All Days. Note: Weekdays and Weekends are defined/set in your Booking Engine Settings > Business Rules
6. Select Add.
Adding a New Annual Special is identical to adding a New One-Time Special with the exception that it will automatically be offered every year on the same date(s).
- Make sure you have declared a rate or discount for the rooms you want to include in the special. Setting a rate is essentially like checking a box to include that room in a special. If you don't want to discount the price at all - just select "percentage discount" and set the discount to "0%". This is particularly handy when you are offering a special like "3rd night free" where you don't actually want to discount the rate.