If you've signed up for our Local Business Listings program, we'll need "Manager" access to your Google My Business (GMB) listing. Even if you aren't a local business listings service customer, give us access and your account manager will be able to review and make recommendations for optimization.
The basic process is as follows
- Login to https://business.google.com and navigate to manage your location
- Open your location and click "Users" in the left hand menu (see "Step 2" screenshot below)
- In the "Manage Permissions" window - click the "+" icon to add new users (see "Step 3" screenshot below)
- Add the email firstname.lastname@example.org as a Manager (this part is very important - see screen shot below)
- Double-check that you selected "Manager"
Here's Google's own help article for how to add a manager: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3403100?hl=en
Go to your Google My Business listing and click on "Users"
Manage your Permissions by clicking the Add User icon on the top right of the screen.
Enter the Google My Business account of the user you would like to add and then choose their role. Make them a Manager.
- Sometimes, you've never actually claimed your business listing. If that's the case - let us know and we can build the listing for you and turn ownership over to you. You will need to sign up for the Odysys business listing program.
- Don't see your business listing when you sign in? Sometimes you aren't logged into the correct Google account. Click on the account on the top right of Google and switch accounts or click "Add account" as needed to find the right Google account (see below)
- Someone else own your business listing? Other issues? You may need Google's help. https://support.google.com/business/contactflow