For Odysys Prime users the text block(s) on each page include many text editing tools. These tools allow you to change the font, style, color, setup links (see below), lists and more.
To add a new text block to a page in Odysys Prime see video below:
To setup links in Odysys Prime see video below:
The primary content blocks in Site Builder 1.0 contain robust text editing tools:
These tools allow you too:
-Format the text (bold, italics, underline)
-Create bulleted or numbered lists
-Add hyperlinks to text (including links to send an email message)
-Separate content with a horizontal line
-Add video: see Text Box-Embed a Video
-Add Images: See Text Box-Add an Image
-Create and share custom maps with pins
See Add a Local Activities Map
Format the text:
To make the text bold or italicized:
- Highlight the text you want to edit.
- Select the B icon (for bold) and/or the I icon for italics.
Note: You can also use the traditional keyboard shortcuts to format the text:
-Bold: ⌘-B (OSX); Ctrl-B (Windows)
-Italics-⌘-I (OSX); Ctrl-I (Windows)
-Underline-⌘-U (OSX); Ctrl-U (Windows)
Create a bulleted or numeric list:
To make a list, such as a list of amenities, into a bulleted or numbered list:
- Use the Return/Enter key to put each item on its own line.
- Highlight the text you want to edit
- Select the bulleted list icon or the numeric list icon, depending on which you prefer.
To Insert a Hyperlink:
- Copy the URL or email address you want to link too. For example, http://www.odysys.com/blog/. Copy by using ⌘-C (OSX) or Ctrl-C (Windows.)
- Highlight the text that you want to be hyperlinked.
- Select the hyperlink button.
The Insert Link window will appear:
4. Populate the fields:
-Web Address-Paste the URL or email address here by using ⌘-V (OSX) or Ctrl-V
-Text to Display: This will automatically display the text you highlighted. Verify that the text looks correct.
- Title: Enter a brief description of the link. This is for search engine optimization and accessibility.
Note: This will not appear on the screen.
-Target: Select either Same Tab or New Tab from the drop down menu. SAME TAB will redirect the user's browser to the linked page. NEW TAB will keep the user's existing screen tab and open the target link in a new browser tab.
To Align Text:
- Highlight the text you want to align.
- Select the Align Left, Align Center, Align Right, or Justify button.
Note: Justify refers to how the spaces between words are stretched or compressed to align along both the left and right ends of each line of text.