If your property is closed for an extended period of time, you can set up your Booking Engine with a custom message so that the first date displayed is the next date that your property accepts bookings.
For example, say your hotel is closed for the winter until Cinco De Mayo.
First, you want to set up an override for all of your rooms during those dates. Note: do this well in advance so that a guest can't book a room 6 months out during your closed season.
- Create a new override called "Closed for the Season."
- Set the dates that your property is closed so that the "End Date" is the last day that you'll be closed. The day after the end date will then be the first night available for your guests to book.
- Create a "Calendar Display" that says "Closed for the Season."
- Set the override prices for your rooms to $0.00
- Click "Save."
It will then show "Closed for the Season" on your calendar.
Once your property closes for the season, you should update the settings in your booking engine.
IMPORTANT: Don't do this before your property is closed for the season or else guests won't be able to book with you for the dates you are still open.
- Navigate to the Booking Engine > Settings > Booking Configuration page.
- Create a Custom Message. For Example: "Closed for the Season Until Cinco de Mayo."
- Set a 'Closed Until" date. Use the date format MM/DD/YYYY. For example: 05/05/2016.
- Click "Save."
- Review the changes in your Booking Engine.
- Repeat the process for next season!
Here are the settings:
And the results in the Booking Engine: